Pigeon Whole Bakers, a leading and well-respected artisanal bakery, is looking for a passionate individual to join our team in Moonah, Tasmania. Our bakery produces a range of naturally leavened and long-fermented yeasted breads, other bread products, and viennoiserie 7-days a week for our flagship retail store in Argyle Street, Hobart in addition to supplying a large base of wholesale customers.
The position available is for a qualified sourdough baker who, as part of a team, will be responsible for all facets of daily production including, mixing doughs, shaping and forming doughs, proofing and/or retarding doughs, baking various breads and buns, packing wholesale orders. A positive, friendly attitude and a passion for high-quality baking are essential personal requirements. The ideal candidate will be able demonstrate capacity regarding the selection criteria:
- Certificate III Retail Baking OR comparable qualification PLUS demonstrated aptitude for baking
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role baking high volumes on a deck oven as well as mixing doughs
- Excellent bakery skills together with the ability to prioritise tasks, resolve problems and meet deadlines
- Must be willing and available to work varying roster including weekends and late nights
- Strong attention to detail
- Good communication and numeracy skills and the ability to follow both written and verbal instructions
- Excellent organisational skills and a demonstrated capacity work to effectively as part of a team
- Self-motivated and the ability to work autonomously when required
If this sounds like you, please email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.